24 November 2008

Crime and Mystery Fiction on FriendFeed

Karen at Euro Crime has a post about Social Networking and points to a Friend Feed site that a number of us belong to.

Called Crime and Mystery fiction, it was set up by Maxine (Petrona), and enables us to "watch" blog postings in one place, comment on them, and also to add links to other sites of interest.

I get a daily email digest showing me what has happened there. You still have to go to the blog sites to read the stories, but the FriendFeed lets you comment in a sort of "walled garden" on what you've seen.

In a way it is similar to what I'm trying to do on Crime Fiction Journeys, which highlights postings from other blogs, although there there is no ability to comment individually on the blog postings of others, although you can leave a comment on the main blog posting.

1 comment:

Vanda Symon said...

Friend Feed looks really useful. I've been toying with the idea of joining Facebook, but was interested to see Karen wasn't quite sure what to do with it. I've heard it can be quite the time waster, but then other articles have talked of the value of social networking for writers.

I think the blogosphere seems to do a damn good job of staving off writerly isolation and introducing new friends and colleagues. May be I'll just stick to that.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin