1 March 2009

Sunday Salon #8, 1 March 2009

This week we've celebrated my father's 93rd birthday. His big worry was that he wouldn't get a renewal of his driving licence. We keep trying to tell him the day will come, but he can't imagine life without it.

February is a short month, but I've managed to read and review 12 books:
In the coming week I am off to Left Coast Crime, so am beginning to think about the packing etc. I feel pretty organised. The job now is to make sure that I don't leave anything vital at home. I'm currently reading A ROYAL PAIN by Rhys Bowen because she is one of the authors attending.

Breaking News
Poll closes: How many books did you read in 2008?
45 people participated in the poll.
It appears that the majority read 2 or less books a week in 2008

Many thanks if you were one of the participants.

New poll:
You'll find this in the sidebar of this page.
This is a relatively straightforward one. It will run for the next 3 weeks.
The question is Do you write a blog? Your choices are
    Yes- one where I am the sole author
    Yes - one where I share authorship
    No - I don't have a blog
Currently reading
  • now - A ROYAL PAIN, Rhys Bowen
  • next - THE SEVEN DIALS MYSTERY, Agatha Christie
  • in the car - PERFECTLY PURE AND GOOD, Frances Fyfield
Postings in the last week:

6 comments:

Marg said...

I answered the poll with sole author, but the fact is that I have both a blog where I am sole author, and one where I am part of a group, plus a number of reading challenge blogs where I contribute!

So the only answer that doesn't fit is the no I don't have a blog one!

Your father is doing well to still be driving at 93.

Kerrie said...

I agree Marg, the poll structure is a bit flawed. Thanks for answering anyway

samantha.1020 said...

I just finished reading Her Royal Spyness by Rhys Bowen and really enjoyed it. It looks like you had a really good month of reading in February!

Stacy said...

Hi Kerrie - A little while ago, you visited my blog and told me about your Agatha Christie carnival. I do want to join the challenge (which will lead to the carnival) but wanted to know which post I should use to sign up. Thanks.

Kerrie said...

There is no real "sign up" post for the Agatha Christie Reading Challenge. Just indicate your interest on any of the posts on my site. http://paradise-mysteries.blogspot.com/search/label/Agatha%20Christie%20Challenge and then remember to come back and submit any/all of your Agatha Christie posts to the Carnival at http://acrccarnival.blogspot.com/

Susan said...

I didn't participate in the poll, I'm sorry I missed it! I would fall in that same group, 2 books a week or less *sigh* though I am trying this year to up it!

i also have two mysteries on my immediate TBR pile, the Penny and the Robinson, so I;m going to check out your reviews shortly!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin