25 July 2009

I Keep Coming Back for More Award

Cathy of Kittling Books has created her very own award and generously included me amongst its recipients. She really is pointing out what many of us have discovered: blogging is addictive, and some of us rack up lots of download every day to discover what fellow bloggers are talking about. We watch them through RSS feeds as I do on Blogs I'm watching or through Friend Feed rooms such as Crime and Mystery Fiction, or simply through events such as Friday's Forgotten Books, Sunday Salon, and Weekly Geeks.

The I Keep Coming Back for More! Award is for a blog you just can't stay away from. If you've been busier than a one-armed paperhanger with the hives and your Google reader is over 1,000 unread posts, these are the blogs that you single out to read. These are the ones that are never victims to the dreaded Mark All As Read. There may be many different reasons why you can't stay away: a taste in books that mirrors your own, the same sense of humor, always knowing the latest in the book world... for whatever the reason, these blogs are flat out addictive and you have no wish to be cured!

Here are Cathy's rules:
The rules for the recipients are simple. (I'm a believer in the KISS method.) What are the rules?
  • Enjoy the award. If you don't want to put it on your blog, don't. Just get the warm, fuzzy feeling that I'm sending your way!
  • You don't have to reveal any deep, dark secrets about yourself or answer any sort of questions. You've already earned it!
  • You don't have to link back to me.
  • You don't have to give it to anyone else.
Simple, huh? Now, if you do want to give this award to someone else, that's a whole 'nuther kettle of fish.

If you do want to pass it along to some of those addictive book blogs in your reader, just follow the same four rules I outlined above. This is a pay-it-forward award. Nothing is to be expected in return!

It is too nice an award to keep to myself so I'm going to hand it on with the same provisos as Cathy's above. Please don't feel neglected if you aren't on my list. Some whom I would have included are already on Cathy's list so do check their blogs out too.
And you might also like to join Book Blogger Appreciation Week.

2 comments:

pattinase (abbott) said...

Thank you so much and I will proudly place it on my blog (along with you gave it to me),

Uriah Robinson said...

Thanks Kerrie. I really appreciate your interest.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin