11 July 2009

Travelling Report

This weekend I am in Melbourne.
We drove over from Adelaide yesterday to spend some time with some good friends who live in a lofty apartment on St. Kilda Road, and to go to the football tomorrow.
Irena has acquired one of those horrible colds that you wouldn't wish on your worst enemy, so now we have fingers crossed.

For those not living in the Antipodes, the Adelaide to Melbourne drive is the best part of 10 hours so we have learnt to come well prepared with listening materials.

On the way over we have been listening to SHATTER by Michael Robotham. You may be aware that it was my best read for 2008 but I am thoroughly enjoying listening to it. It is amazing how much detail you can forget in a few short months (well about 24 to be precise). We are listening to the unabridged version, excellently read by Sean Barrett. It is over 14 hours long so we will still be listening on our way back.

I've brought THE GIRL WHO PLAYED WITH FIRE (Stieg Larsson) with me and am about 150 pages from the end so should be able to complete it and post my verdict just in time for the CWA International Dagger announcement on July 15.
Michael Robotham is also on the shortlist for the Library Dagger.

I noticed also over on our collective site Fair Dinkum Book Reviews Bernadette has been putting me to shame, adding new reviews.
Latest Reviews
Do visit.

3 comments:

Nicole (Linus's Blanket) said...

I forget so much detail even as I am reading! Hope you are enjoying your vacation.

Vanda Symon said...

Oh, that reminds me, I must go and acquire Shatter - it sounds fabulous.

Marg said...

I have been intending to read Shatter for ages!

We weren't in Melbourne this weekend. I decided at the last minute to go to Perth so just got home at 2am this morning! Ouch!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin