17 July 2011

Sunday Salon: 17 July 2011:

This week we finished Crime Fiction Alphabet and so in the coming week I'll be writing the summary posts containing about 400 recommendations for crime fiction titles/authors to look for.

Other posts will list the recommendations made for Best Crime Fiction Reads 2011 and I will probably schedule those posts for next week.

I'm preparing for my new meme: Crime Fiction on a EuroPass that will begin on 1 August. Please consider signing up.

Next Sunday will see the publication of the next edition of the Agatha Christie Reading Challenge Carnival too.

My attention was caught today by a post on The Red Room by Pauline Rowson headed Is Crime Fiction Set for a Surge in Sales?
The gist of the article is based on something Pauline read that said Crime often spikes when the economy splutters, but does demand for crime fiction surge as well? Publishers hope so.

Certainly it seems to me that crime fiction is booming, not just in physical made-from-paper books but in e-books as well. I am never at a loss for something to read, and in fact am having trouble in keeping up with all that I want to read. In Australia there are a number of Writers and Readers Weeks happening too. Check the events list on Fair Dinkum Crime.

News & Headlines
This Week's Posts
TBRN (To Be Read Next)
  • next - THE DARK VINEYARD, Martin Walker
  • next from library: VILLAIN, Shuichi Yoshida
  • next on Kindle - REVENGE SERVED COLD, Jackie Fullerton
  • now on audio - STILL MIDNIGHT, Denise Mina
  • next Agatha Christie: EVIL UNDER THE SUN

1 comment:

Book Dilettante/Harvee said...

Crime fiction - just up my alley!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin