I have found in the past that reading challenges help me focus my reading, although some of them don't present much of a challenge because they simply indicate my reading interests.
Some of the challenges are external to this blog while others are hosted here or on a blog that I manage.
In practical terms I do allow some challenges to overlap, that is, most books will appear in more than one challenge.
In addition many of the challenges are simply continuations of challenges I took on last year, and are a reflection of my reading interests.
Last updated 30 December 2015
- Outdo yourself reading challenge 2015: aiming for 145, currently: 137 (137 in 2014)
- Good Reads Reading Challenge. I have set my challenge at 140. Currently : 137
- Agatha Christie Reading Challenge Completed in 2014
- 2015 Global Reading Challenge currently 14/21
- USA Fiction Challenge So far 21/51
- 2015 Aussie Author reading challenge aiming for 20. Currently 26 - completed
- 2015 Australian Women Writers Challenge aiming for 20. Currently 21 - completed
- British Books Challenge 2015 hosted by Fluttering Butterflies currently 57 - Completed
- Vintage Mystery BINGO 2015: Silver & Gold Edition currently 27
- 2015 Ebook Reading Challenge currently 66
- New to me authors - a personal challenge currently 54
- Not crime fiction - a personal challenge currently 4
- Nordic reading challenge - a personal challenge unless I find an "official" one, currently 16
- New Zealand reading challenge - again a personal challenge unless I can find someone hosting an "official" one. currently 3
- Translated crime fiction - a personal challenge that will overlap with many of the other reading challenges that I have undertaken. currently 22
- Snagged at the Library currently: 50
- 2015 Authors A to Z Reading Challenge currently: 21
- 2015 Mt TBR reading challenge. currently: 6 (Aiming for 12 at least)
- 2015 Historical Reading Challenge. Currently: 18
- Crime Fiction of the Year Challenge @ Past Offences - a monthly challenge. Each month features a particular year of publication: Currently: 11
A visual summary